Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

Yesterday we trekked to the lotus center and restocked on supplies for our stay. the rest of the day we stayed at the room. Joseph slept quite a bit, so Megan had a break from holding him. I was able to carry him a little at the lotus center and he tolerated my cart for a while but he still seems to prefer Meg to me. We think he still feels sick. he had a low grade fever and the diarrhea hasn't left yet. Joseph is still not sure what to make of us. Yesterday I cut up an apple and placed it in front of him. Wanting to interact with him I tried to see if he would give me a bite. when he would not, I took a slice and he reached out and took it back. I grabbed another and he did the same. we repeated it until his little hand was full. Joseph will trade toys, but if you give him food it is his. We were going to eat at the Italian restaurant last night but it was closed for another private party, and the price at the "Western grill" downstairs was ramped up for the holiday approx $50 US per person. So I was went on a Mcdonalds run. 30minutes round trip and lots of confusion even with a picture menu. (there is a problem with the translation of 2 of these or three of these, or inside or outside. The people try hard to accommodate us, we simply cannot understand each other:)Beijing and Hongkong have many more English speaking people, I am not sure about Guangzhou but will know soon enough. The skies have been pretty good, 6-8 miles visibility. Today we will go to the museum, tomorrow the orphanage in Luoyang.

3 comments:

Nanci, Mike, Zoe and Elijah said...

Happy New Year to you, as well - I am sure it is for you! Don't worry - Guangzhou is like a tropical vacation compared to Henan. There is a great noodle place next door at the Holiday Inn Express. We ate there and Mama Mia's just about every day. Have a wonderful trip to Luoyang! If you get to the City Gate, the store's name is Tianqiart - I looked it up today. It should be on your left after you go through the gate. Nanci

The Gibsons said...

Wow, what an amaazing, amazing thing. I don't have the words to describe what I am feeling for you and your family. To see pictures of Joseph finally in your arms brings tears to my eyes. I am so filled with joy for you. Savor every moment, I want to hear about everything you experience. Isaac, you are an awesome brother,give everyone a hug for me. Shannon

Charlene said...

Hi, Megan! This is Charlene from breakfast--Shaoey, Shuangshuang, and 2 boys (and a dh!). Just found your site via Heather's!

Hope Joseph is feeling better.

We ate at the Holiday Inn Express 2 nights ago (from Nanci's comment). Food was really good and much less expensive! The dumplings were awesome and I had the noodle bowl!

See you downstairs!

Joseph Brian Zi Nian Lockwood

We found our son on the website at our adoption agency, Chinese Children Adoption International on July 11, 2008. His birthday is 2-21-07. Joseph currently lives in Luoyang. His name is a mouth full, but we really wanted to keep his Chinese name and his daddy wanted him to have his name also. We feel incredibly privileged to be able to have him as a part of our family.

10-20-08

10-20-08


Thanks For Visiting