Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Trust

Okay, well here goes! I had the opportunity to have a phone conversation with a new blog friend last week who God has used tremendously to encourage my faith and trust in him in all situations. She shared how therapeutic blogging has been for her and during our conversation we laughed about how hard it is to set aside time for journaling, scrap booking, etc with busy young families. So I decided to start blogging again for a couple of reasons. First, I want to have something for my children when they get older, since their baby books are pretty pathetic! (Sorry kids!) and also so that I can remind myself regularly of the love that is poured out on us continually. Today is Isaac's 3rd day at bible camp. He is 9 and has never been away from Brian and I for more than a night and only to grandma's, aside from a trip we took 31/2 years ago to Hawaii for our 10th anniversary. I miss him terribly and pray that his heart is being wooed by Father even as I type this. Father is revealing to me on an almost daily basis right now how much more I need to trust him with my kids. (Ha! I should say His kids) Anyway, He is showing me how I have attempted to shield them from struggle, conflict and suffering. From Joseph's spinal cord surgery to which class they are in this fall I have wanted to protect them. More than anything else I want them to experience His love in a genuine, authentic way. I want the Jesus that I introduce them to to be the real thing and not as Depheche Mode said "my own personal Jesus" contrived from my limited mind and experience. So I am endevouring to let go and trust more this week, reminding myself that we have the most incredible Father of all and He really does know best.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I'm so glad to see you back blogging! I understand what you are saying exactly! I was actually just thinking about this the other day and how blessed I am to be able to mother His children every day!!! I hope you all are doing well.
Heather (FL)

Joseph Brian Zi Nian Lockwood

We found our son on the website at our adoption agency, Chinese Children Adoption International on July 11, 2008. His birthday is 2-21-07. Joseph currently lives in Luoyang. His name is a mouth full, but we really wanted to keep his Chinese name and his daddy wanted him to have his name also. We feel incredibly privileged to be able to have him as a part of our family.

10-20-08

10-20-08


Thanks For Visiting